The Global Church is Launched ‘To the End of the Earth’
July 9, 2017 Speaker: Mark Twombly Series: His Story, Our Story
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Acts 13:1–3
Introduction: The Work of Christ Continues
The Church Designed (v.1)
United in the Gospel
Diverse in Gifts
GOD’S Design FOR HIS CHURCH REFLECTS HIS Eternal PLANS.
The Church Aligned (v.2)
Waiting on God
Hearing from God
GOD HAS DESIGNED THE CHURCH TO BE United IN THE GOSPEL, YET Diverse IN GIFTS AND Culture.
The Church Compelled (v.3)
GOD Aligns US WITH HIM AS WE SEEK HIM IN Community.
Discipleship group questions
- Read aloud Acts 13:1-3, Ephesians 4:11-16, and Ephesians 2:19-22. What has been your experience with church leadership equipping you to live out the Gospel in your home, work, and community contexts?
- What has been your experience in teaching and encouraging others in the truths of the Gospel? Is this central to your focus as you live your life every day? Why or why not? See Colossians 3:8-17.
- How confident are you in God’s calling on your life, i.e. to salvation and as a vital part of His church on earth to accomplish His purposes?
- How clear are you on the things God has uniquely build into your life to bless others and to be part of God’s mission on earth? See Ephesians 2:1-10.
- Read Philippians 2:1-4ff. What are you doing in your life, both individually and in community, to align with God in order to bless others?
- What are you doing to embrace your unique identity and necessary role in the church? In other words, are you convinced the church needs you?
- What are you doing to encourage and include others in this? In other words, are you convinced you need others in the church?
- How intentional are you in reaching out to others who are different than you to encourage you and to help you to be more like Jesus?
- Have you considered committing to fasting and prayer in pursuit of this?
More in His Story, Our Story
September 3, 2017To Be Continued
August 27, 2017Riots in Ephesus
August 20, 2017Conflict in Corinth