March 4, 2018
Disciples Remember Jesus Christ
Disciples Remember Jesus: 2 Timothy 2:8-13
Remember Jesus, Risen from the Dead (v. 8)
Suffer & Endure, so Others Might Obtain (vv. 9-10)
Our Faithfulness & the Faithfulness of God (vv. 11-13)
Discipleship group questions
- Reread 2 Timothy 2:8-13. What stands out to you as you read this passage?
- In what ways and in what settings do you tend to forget Jesus? Why is that and what would it look like to heed Paul’s call to remember in v. 8?
- Who has suffered and endured in order that you might obtain salvation? Be specific as you share.
- Consider vv. 11-13, why do you think Paul places this poem here, given what he’s just called Timothy to in 2:1-10. What role are these truths meant to play in Timothy’s/your life?
- The last two weeks we’ve been discussing Paul’s call to courageous discipleship. Take some time to honestly assess your Discipleship Group. Are you encouraging and challenging one another to be like Christ? Share some ways you’ve seen this happening in your group and brainstorm together about how you might further optimize this setting/investment of time and energy in the coming months.
- End your time by praying for God’s strength to help you in the things you’ve just discussed.
other sermons in this series