Disciples Endure Together
Topic: Exposition Scripture: 2 Timothy 4:9–4:22
Disciples Endure Together: 2 Timothy 4:9-22
Paul Had Friends
Fulfilled in (not in spite of) Suffering
God With Us
Discipleship group questions
- Read 2 Timothy 4:9-22. What stands out to you as you hear this passage read?
- Name those who most impact your own journey of faith. Be specific as to what kind of impact they’ve had on you and what you might say about them in a letter like this.
- Reread 2 Timothy 4:17. On Sunday, we said that Paul (once again) is demonstrating how suffering is often God’s means of accomplishing his purposes in and through our lives. In contrast to Paul’s message, we often think of suffering as an obstacle to God’s purposes in our lives. Discuss the difference between these two postures. What would it look/feel like to adopt Paul’s mindset towards your own difficulties? Spend a significant portion of your discussion here and be as specific and practical as possible.
- Do you believe God is with you? If so, what difference does that make? If not, do you think that’s ok? Be honest with one another as you answer.
- Briefly skim the entirety of 2 Timothy … what do you most hope to take with you from this letter? Finish your time by praying that God would continue to bear fruit in your life through the encouragement and challenge of 2 Timothy.