Disciples Fulfill Their Ministry
Topic: Exposition Scripture: 2 Timothy 4:1–4:5
Disciples Fulfill Their Ministry: 2 Timothy 4:1-5
What is a Disciple?
What does a Disciple do?
Live in the Light of His Presence (v.1)
Shine the Light of His Word (vv. 2-4)
What We Preach
When We Preach
How We Preach
Identifying and Avoiding Myths
Endure in Light of His Commission (v.5)
Conclusion: The Goal is Love
Discipleship group questions
- Read aloud 2 Timothy 3:16 – 4:5 and 1 Corinthians 2:1-5
- What do you remember from the teaching on Sunday? Discuss what stood out to you as you read through the passage.
- List the commands in the passage and share your heart reactions to them. Which of these do you receive / follow most readily? Least readily? Why?
- Compare 2 Timothy 3:16 and 4:2. What is the connection between what God’s word does in your heart and how you best serve others? (See also 1 Thessalonians 5:14)
- How well do you receive correction and encouragement from God? How well do you pass that along to others? As you discuss, reflect on Proverbs 9:7-9.
- In what ways is the Gospel reproof? Exhortation? Correction? Training? Reflect and pray through how you can ‘do the work of an evangelist’ in expressing these truths to others.
- Do you see all of these aspects of God’s word to be necessary for your spiritual growth? Why or why not?