Luke 24:13-35: The Meaning of The Resurrection
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Luke 24:13–24:35
Luke 24:13-35: The Meaning of the Resurrection
“We Had Hoped …” (vv. 13-27)
The Great Reversal (vv. 28-31)
Our Response (vv. 32-35)
Discipleship Guide & Reflection Questions
- Read aloud the text from Sunday (Luke 24:13-35). What do you remember most from the teaching on Sunday? Discuss what stood out as you read through the passage this time.
- Is there anything about this past weekend that you found especially meaningful? Why so?
- Read 1 Corinthians 15:16-19. Do you entirely resonate with Paul’s argument in these verses? Why or why not? Discuss your current understanding of the meaning of the resurrection. Share ideas about why Jesus had to rise again.
- Does your reaction to the reality of Jesus’ resurrection tend more toward fear, joy or apathy? Explain your answer.
- End your time by praying as though Jesus was actually present in the room and desiring to be encountered even right now. What would you say to him, what would you ask of him, if that reality was tangible to you?