Luke 8:22-25 Where is your Faith?
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Luke 8:22–8:25
Luke 8:22-25 Where is Your Faith?
The Storm is Real
Where is Your Faith?
Who Then is This?
Discipleship Guide & Reflection Questions
- Reread the text from Sunday (Luke 8:22-25). What do you remember most from the teaching on Sunday?
- How would you define risk? Discuss what risk and faith have to do with one another in the context of the Christian life.
- Take a minute to remember and reflect on times where you experienced the power of Jesus in your life. What about those times enabled you to push forward?
- Consider the disciple’s response to Jesus stilling the storm in v. 25. What about their response is surprising? Have you ever been surprised by the power of God in your own life?
- The truth is that the Christian life is comprised of storms, suffering and trial. There is real danger in following Jesus, but comfort comes through the presence of Jesus in your own life. If you are in the midst of a trial or storm, share that with one another, and spend some time praying for one another. God’s presence comes through the presence of our brothers and sisters in the faith. Lean on one another, that you might be encouraged.
- Where are you doubting the power of God in your life?
- Read v.v. 23, 24. In what situations does your faith appear more like doubt? Be specific.
- How can you draw on the truth of who God is to move forward in whatever it is your struggling with?
More in Luke: The Identity of Jesus
July 14, 2019Luke 8:40-56 Jesus: Restorer of Peace, Giver of Life
July 7, 2019Luke 8: 26-39 Jesus, Son of The Most High God